Code of ethics
1. Philosophy of coaching
Interspecies Life Awareness Coaching is a form of coaching,
centered on the philosophy that all life is connected and humans are part of the
web of life. The foundation is based on natural whole systems thinking and
believes that each person is a creative and whole being with physical,
emotional, mental and spiritual natures. It uses the H.U.N.A™ (Humans
Understanding Nature and Animals) Model developed by Mary Ann Simonds.
Through animals and nature, people may become aware of their own
journey through life. An Interspecies Life Awareness Coach has the expertise to
help guide people through a deep understanding of nature, animals and people.
As coaches, they can help to facilitate human-animal-nature
solutions for clients and accept their role as coaches to:
* Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
* Encourage client self-discovery and their relationship to their animals &
* Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
* Hold the client responsible and accountable
II. Code of Ethics/ Professional Standards
1. I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects positively upon the
coaching profession for human-animal interactions. I will do my best to adhere
to the standards of the coaching profession as set forth by the International
2. I clearly understand my role as a coach to assist in the facilitation of
growth and resolutions of issues between people and their animals and will
provide the maximum possible effort in the best interest of human, nature and
3. I will honestly represent myself and advertise my skills only to the
extent I am qualified. I will accurately identify my qualifications, expertise
and experience as a coach and I will not mislead or make false claims about what
the client may receive from the coaching process.
4. I acknowledge my limitations and will refer clients to other professionals
when I feel the issue is beyond the level of my expertise or outside the area I
am qualified to practice.
5. I respect the privacy of people and animals and will honour the
confidentiality of the client unless directed by the client to share
6. I will maintain professional documentation of clients and cases and gain
permission from the client to share information or cases for the purpose of
research or to further the human/animal/nature coaching profession.
7. I will have clear contracts or agreements with clients outlining exactly
what I can and cannot assist them with regarding themselves or their animals.
8. I understand the coaching process is a dynamic energetic interaction
between coach and client and I will seek to always act in the best interest of
the client. I will set clear and appropriate boundaries as needed.
9. I will strive to recognize my personal issues that may restrict, conflict
or interfere with my coaching ability and seek to correct and balance any
issues. I agree to have peer review of my practice from time to time (minimum of
4 times per year) with other certified interspecies life awareness coaches.